Re: What is neighbour table overlow?

On 28-Mar-2002 Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I'm trying to install Debian on a rather old computer. During
> installation I'm getting "neighbour table overflow" messages.
> What do these mean and are they serious? The installatiion seems to
> continue regardless.
>
> Please reply to me directly since I'm unable to subscribe to this list
>:)).
>
> Anthony

It is a message printed by the network card's driver.  A quick search on google
should give you all the needed info.

Sometimes this is a sign of unhappiness, sometimes it is a sign of
misconfiguration.  For instance I once saw this message on a machine which had
not ifconfig up'ed the loopback device.