[OT] Re: CALL FOR HELP

=?iso-8859-1?q?=20?= <maryamintouch@yahoo.com> writes:

> FROM: MRS  MARYAM  XXXXXXX
> XXXXXX  COTE  D' IVOIRE
> TEL:XXX- XX-XX-XX-XX

[snip for confidentiality]

I responded to a similar letter a while back concerning the civil
unrest in Nigeria and the plot of smuggling funds into the United
States, but the recipient failed to respond.

What are you all's opinion of this letter? Did anyone else respond to
the others? Is anyone going to help this person by visiting that part
of the world? Is there anyone on this list living in Abidjan?

I do wonder if this letter is a form of propaganda against the old
rulers of these nations - the military elite that may have possessed,
or may have allegedly possessed, large funds of money. It seems that
if someone really has millions of dollars they wouldn't need to be
spamming a debian user group looking for help.

Elizabeth