Re: 2 nics, 1 network, puzzle?

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 10:31:45AM -0600, Shawn Yarbrough wrote:
> I have an x86 server computer containing two network cards:
>
> eth0 --> 192.168.1.130
> eth1 --> 192.168.1.131
>

> This is NOT a router-type computer.  It's just a server that I really want
> to have on the same network, twice.  And I'd rather not use IP aliasing +
> one card.  I really want two cards for convienence and redundancy.  (ex:
> in theory if one card failed or was misconfigured I should still be able
> to reach the machine through the other card).

I was on the 3com site today looking for some drivers and I found this:

  Broadcom Advanced Server Program (BASP) Driver
  for Linux 2.2.x and 2.4.x kernel

  BASP is a kernel module designed for Linux 2.2.x and 2.4.x kernels that
  provides load-balancing, fault-tolerance, and VLAN features. These features
  are provided by creating teams that consist of multiple NIC interfaces.

http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/nic/linuxdownloads.htm
http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/nic/linux/linuxasp996release.txt

I have never used this, have no idea if it will work with your hardware
etc.

John