Re: simple exim questions

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 06:40:40AM +0530, Sridhar M.A. wrote:

> I too am interested in this set up. How does one set up exim to deliver
> mails between two machines with IP's 192.168.0.1 and
> 192.168.0.2/3/4/etc? If I do not want to make any one machine in my
> network as a smarthost, can exim be made to deliver the messages as and
> when the respective machines are switched on? If so, can someone
> please elaborate?

You could run a pop3 server on your main box and then use whatever
mail client to get mail that way

We run this sort of setup at work - with exim and cucipop. Our various
windoze boxes then just use the linux box as an smtp server and a pop
server.

Exim handles local delivery and offloads external deliveries to our
isp mail server as a smart host.

cheers

dc

--