RE: CDROM: hdc: lost interrupt (how to troubleshoot?)

|   when I try to rip the CD I get the following messages and the ripping
| is VERY slow (few hours per one song):
|
| Mar 24 04:10:09 localhost kernel: hdc: lost interrupt
|   the situation is the same regardless of whether I use scsi emulation
| or not.

Greetings,
	I had the same problem a few months ago.  The only thing that I found was
that *perhaps* the hard drive controller was bad.  I kept swapping drives
around to different channels and it turned out that my secondary controller
always seemed to be the culprit, not the drive, not the cable, not the OS.
I ended up purchasing a Maxtor PCI ATA/IDE/100 card,  and everything is
working now.  So, you might try re-cabling to see if it helps.

HTH,

Brooks