debian on IBM Thinkpad iseries (P3-500)

I was wondering if anyone has gotten debian to work on this
machine. It is Type 1171-91U. It's the first machine I can
remember that won't boot the debian install CD at all. it just
says  "Boot Failed". I tried both CD 1 and CD 2. I installed
SuSE 7.3 professional with no problem, but wanted to dual boot
with debian.

running 2.2r5.

really odd...theres no floppy drive on the thing, maybe there
is another way to boot it? maybe i could copy the kernel from
the CD over and boot via SuSe's lilo .. ?

nate