Purging /var/cache/apt/archive

Hi !

I would like to purge /var/cache/apt/archive so that only the last
version of each package is preserved. I'm not sure whether replying
"yes" when dselect asks to delete previously downloaded files will
preserve the last ones, but I guess it will not.
The only clue I've found is in "apt-get -h":

   clean - Erase downloaded archive files
   autoclean - Erase old downloaded archive files

But now I'm not sure what "old" means for apt-get. Does it means "the
older when there are more than two versions of the same package" or
"every package older N days"?

--
Daniel Toffetti     ---     'There is no spoon...' - The Matrix

Running the bleeding edge Debian Sid version 3.0
Linux luni 2.4.13 #1 SMP Sun Oct 28 18:30:53 ART 2001 i686 unknown