Re: CUPS auto-banner

David Wright, Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 06:20:34PM -0800:

> Forgive my density, but the CUPS manuals are singularly impenetratable.
>
> How to I confiure a CUPS server to automatically print a banner with
> every job?
>
> Just to be clear, I don't want my users to have to type
>   -o job-sheets=standard
> each time.

I think this can be done from the web interface
http://localhost:631/printers . Select "Configure Printer" for the
printer in question and there will be a "Banners" section at the bottom
of the page.

The existing banners can be found in /usr/share/cups/banners

Brought to you by Debian 3.0
Linux took 2.4.16 #1 SMP Sat Jan 5 12:52:24 EST 2002 i686 unknown