Re: I thought sound was going to be easy.

hi ya

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Chris Jenks wrote:

> At 07:35 PM 3/8/02, Bill Moseley wrote:
> >I've got a Sound Blaster Live! (Value) card, and I can cat .wav files to
> >/dev/audio.
> >
> >But, I was unable to get this (from the sound HOWTO) to work:
> >
> >   dd bs=8k count=4 </dev/audio >sample.au
>
> >no errors "recording", but playing the resulting sample.au just makes
> >crackling noises.

if you played the sample.au.... you're supposed to hear crackling
noises... :-)

if you want real *.au files that plays real music.. you have to download
some real *.au files  or record it with a real sound recorder...

c ya
alvin
http://www.Linux-Video.net/Samples
	- sample mpeg movies  and some sounds too