Re: apt-get build-deps <package> or -b switch

"Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shalehperry@attbi.com> writes:

> do you have build-essential installed?  Do you have dpkg-dev installed?  How
> about debhelper?  Those 3 should clear most things up.

Thanks.  I hope that was the problem. And now I know what to look for.
Lastnights install had a really horrible problem with X that caused
the monitor to go into sudden death overtime, rendering all else
useless.  This is my 7th go around.  But I think I'm beginning to get
the hang of the install routine.  Hope I don't wear out the cd.. hehe.

Reminds me of back in 1996/7 my first linux installs with slackware.
I must have done 10-15 installs over a period of a couple months
before getting a working system.  I tried Redhat around that time to
and had similar experience.  But stayed with redhat up to now.
At least I'm getting a working network every time now.

Its not all Debian related I can assure you.
I'm not real famous for my finesse with software.