Re: Java not working in Galeon/Mozilla

> other than removing and reinstalling some packages or trying a
> different libc version.  Binary-only software distribution really
> sucks!
>
> -D
What ? Does this mean I need to reboot into Windows to run Java apps?
Please say not - my wife's laptop has died.  The icq is for her.  So far
over the past week, she has moved from her Windows laptop to my XFCE
desktop with no comments or complaints.  But if I can't get her ICQ
working, then we're regressing instead of advancing.

Surely there is some other Linux jvm that doesn't die upon contact with
Java?

Patrick "Write one run anywhere else but not on my browser" Kirk