Re: Enough time wasted, moving on

dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> writes:

> Sure.  As I look it over again (it's been a while since I read it),
> the first sentence of Chapter 5 is :
>
>     You can install Debian from a variety of sources, both local (CD,
>     hard disk, floppies) and remote (FTP, NFS, PPP, HTTP).
>
> Note the FTP and HTTP.  Those are what you would want.

You have a strange idea of details.  And thats about how far it goes
in that section too.

But in the threads here I've put together a whole plan of
attack. Involving editing the sources.list.  Knowing how to get going
with the nic.  A series of commands for apt-get that clean things up
and get ready to install a more fleshed out system.

I suspect there is a smallish outline of things to do that would make
it pretty clear how to conduct a network install.

Some of that needs to be in that section.   I don't think its enough
to say, you can do it by ftp or http.