Re: Xf864 config, and LCD flat panel dispalys?

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 10:29:29AM -0600, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> * stan (stanb@awod.com) spake thusly:
> > Just bit the bullet and ordered a nice flat panel LCD display for my wifes
> > new Debian "testing" workstation.
> >
> > I presently have that machine set up in my lab area, thru a kvm switch to a
> > 19" monitor.
> >
> > How can I configure X to work with the new display?
>
> Same way you configured it for the old one. IME X v.4 works
> with them without any (well, almost) configuration.

Mmm, well that's part of the problem. The way I configured the old one was
during the Debian install, and I'm not certain how to get back to re-runing
the configuration dialog.

I have edited the Xf4 config file by hand since then to fix some issues
with the mouse, and resolution, but I could easily replicate those changes
on a freshly generated one.

Also, does it probe the dislplay? That is I know it does for new monitors,
do LCD flat panels also have support for this? If so, then I guess I need
to wait for it to actually arive to do anything.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin