Re: Mail clients (and text editors)

begin  Alan James  quotation:

> Bob Thibodeau <mrbob@channel1.com> wrote:
>
> > I thought I'd try Sylpheed after seing mention of it on this
> > list, but never felt like configuring another client. Now that
> > I've read it doesn't play nice with mutt, I'll just remove it.
>
> I've got it working reasonable nicely with mutt/procmail. The only
> issue is that slypheed uses its own mechanism for marking mail as read
> rather than a sequences file. This means that when I use mutt, I see
> the mail thats new since the last time i ran mutt, and Sylpheed shows
> whats new since I last ran sylpheed.
>
> This is only a very minor annoyance though, and I think I'll stick
> with this configuration for a while.

I found it a major annoyance, but maybe I just receive a lot more mail
than you do.

To me, also, there was the basic question, why do I need two different
mail clients? Aside from the lack of point-and-click to select messages,
mutt has a pretty decent UI, and it's customizable enough that I was
able to work around the things that annoyed me the most about it. So
now I just use mutt.

> Of course migrating to Sylpheed means converting your mailboxes into
> MH format, and modifying your procmail scripts to use rcvstore.

Procmail understands MH format, so why do you need rcvstore?

Craig