chkconfig --add equivalent

Okay, I'm swinging on thin rope here, but I'm looking at a line that
says:

	chkconfig --add fwconfig

on 467 of Mann's and Mitchell's LSS book (where fwconfig is a setup
script)
and it says this is supposed to put in all the nice startup and kill
connections in your rc*.d and init.d directory.  I'm sorry, but I'm at
the present an ignorant RedHatphobe and apparently not that great at
Debian either.  Is there an equivalent of this chkconfig thingy in
Debian?
--
http://www.eskimo.com/~xeno
xeno@eskimo.com