RE: Newbie install help

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Stephano Mariani wrote:

> I have access to a computer with a fast net connection (DSL 2Mbit),
> would it be possible for me to download and burn these CDs rather than
> buying them? If so, could you please tell me where I could get them?

I already gave you a link. http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/ and also
http://linuxiso.org/. I've only used linuxiso myself. You don't say which
country you are in, but you should use a local mirror if possible.

As I've said already, you'll want to go with woody. I am pretty sure
2.4.17 is not in potato. It might not even be in older versions of woody,
so you would want to get a recent version of the cd images. The versions
produced by ftp.fsn.hu (and its mirrors) seem to be pretty recent; the
current one is 02/18/02. (see links off http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/

                                               Faheem.