Re: Motherboard/Mainboard+Athlon chip

At 06:17 PM 02/22/02 -0600, Judith Elaine Bush wrote:
>Would anyone know whether
>	AMD 1400MHz Athlon Thunderbird Processor (266MHz FSB)
>	and
>	(AMD) Asus A7M266 AMD-761 Motherboard (DDR DRAM)
>would work well with a 2.2 kernel?

Hi,

I've run Potato -> Sid on Athlon XP 1800+ on a Microstar K7T266 Pro2 MB.
It does seem to run a lot warmer than my PIII machines, but no problem
installing Debian.  Haven't upgraded to 2.4 kernel yet.

>Why that particular config? Because i'm looking at prebuilt systems
>that come with the ATC-210 Aluminum Tower Case by Coolermaster. So
>far, I've only found hypersonic-pc.com offers that.

Hum, must be a nice case.  I just priced my hardware (except for main
board) on their site (and with the case you want) and it came in at over
$400 more than I paid a few weeks ago.  I bought mine at Pogolinux.com.  I
wanted to support a linux builder.  Came with RedHat 7.2 but I replaced it
with Debian.

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org