Re: CUPS (2)

* Wayne Topa (wtopa@dmcom.net) wrote:

> Cam Ellison(camellison@dccnet.com) is reported to have said:
> > * Randy Yarger (randy@yarger.net) wrote:
> > > Try this suggestion:
<snip>

> As I have not been following this thread you may already tried this.
>
> Add to the append line in lilo.conf
> lp=parport0 parport=0x378,none
>
> The '0x378,none' simply says do not use an IRQ.  I save an IRQ that way.

A good idea, and I think I'll do that in preparation for the next time I
reboot (which may be sooner, rather than later).  However, there's more
going on here than just that.  I can't get CUPS to install my Canon
BJC-4000 properly, to wit: when I try to print, it complains that it
cannot find the necessary translation routine:
"client-error-document-format-not-supported"

Nothing else prints, either.  :-\

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.