I/O error over NFS

    Hey people.

    At work currently, I'm mounting my home directory over NFS. Today I tried
to tar up a directory, and a single file produced a complaint of "cannot stat:
I/O Error". I logged into an HP-UX box mounting my same home directory and did
the same thing there. No problem. Apparently it's just with Linux.

    Any ideas? I can't ls the file, or access it in any way, since stat()
fails.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@mcss.mcmaster.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix