Re: lilo problem

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 04:08:43AM -0800, Alvin Oga wrote:

> jo ua to get sid running ...
>
> for simplicity, just add these lines to lilo.conf on hda ( redhat's lilo )
>
>  #
>  # boot sid instead
>  #	copy hdc:/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.xx to hda:/boot
>  #
>  image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.xxx
>          label=DebianSid
>          initrd=/boot/initrd-2.2.14-5.0.img
>          read-only
>          root=/dev/hdc1

Ok; thanks for the tip, but when I do this I can boot into sid, but it
hangs on "Found Ramdisk at...".

I previously had this problem (whan I accidentially erased my /boot on
hda when installing Sid) when booting into Redhat 6.2 with the standard
kernel.

I fixed the problem by installing RedHat again (only updating) so I got
a new /boot, but this didn't help and I finally installed a new kernel.

So I think the problem now will be solved if I install a new kernel in Sid.

So I tried that, but it can't find make :).  Well I forgot to take the
simple install (when installing) and I checked nothing.

Does anyone know how I can get this install menu back ... so I can check
simple... or what packages must I install to get make en stuff?

Thanks in advance,
--
Rudy Gevaert - rudy@zeus.rug.ac.be  - http://www.webworm.org
             - keyserverID=24DC49C6 - http://www.zeus.rug.ac.be

The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels
with another must wait till that other is ready.
                         - Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)