Re: Blank Messages To Mailing List With Attachments Containing Message

On Wed, 2002-02-20 at 23:59, Craig Dickson wrote:
> begin  Patrick Kirk  quotation:
>

> > Every windows box has it.
>
> Sure, like downloading an executable installer for a better program is
> so hard.

It is so hard.  There are no other windows email clients that have the
ability to put shortcuts on panels.  Even if there were, why bother when
OE is there and works?  OE is a flexible easy to customise mail client
that even the least technical user can use without phoning for help.

As a simple example of why this matters, I tried KMail the other day.  I
ahve IMAP accounts on 4 machines.  The imap folders tree on Kmail shows
not just mailboxes but also every darn file in every directory.  So if I
want to find my debian-user folder I have to wadte through a tree that
has over 500 entries and is not in alphabatical order.  That kind of
interface makes it unusable - the contrast with Outlook, Outlook
Express, mutt and Evolution is obviuos.  In the graphical trio, I have
shortcuts on the left hand side of my screen to the 8 or so mailboxes I
use all the time.  In mutt, I have a line:

mailboxes! 'echo ~/Mail/main/*'

in my muttrc which means that mutt only tells me about interesting
folders while spam, rootmail, etc. goes in ~/mail/filtered/

Its a pity because Kmail is a very nice program but I digress...

My next door neighbour uses OE and regularly comes round asking for help
after she's executed the latest virus someone has sent her or simply
needs help finding where she accidentally dragged the toolbar.  People
like her need a simple mail client.  If she were to use mutt, I'd have
to move in with her!

As for viruses, m$ screwed up.  'nuff said.

It seems the plugin I suggested is available but I have no idea if it
works or not.  Like most technical problems, Google knows the answer...

http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2001-July/009104.html

Interestingly, the search for READING GPG SIGNED MESSAGES INLINE OUTLOOK
EXPRESS brough up both Karsten self's rant on this subject and several
references to him.