Re: UNSUBSCRIBE

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 02:08:47AM +0800, csj wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:14:46 -0800
> "Eric G. Miller" <egm2@jps.net> wrote:

> > > As inconvenient as it may seem, the headers are set up this way for a
> > > reason. If a person posts to the list without first subscribing to the
> > > list, this ensures that the response will actually get to them. And it's
> > > pretty widely accepted that if someone replies to one of your posts, you
> > > will get duplicates in your mailbox. (The reply, and the copy of the
> > > reply on the list.)
> >
> > I dunno, most people hate getting duplicates.  I ditched sylpheed after
> > a couple of months largely because it doesn't have a list reply
> > feature like mutt.  I only CC people if they request it, otherwise I
> > treat mailing lists like usenet (read here, post here).
>
> FUD: I simply hit the Reply button. Proof enclosed.

That's a bit strong.  Perhaps this behavior has changed, but "Reply"
replies to the "To:", but alot of times, with duplicates and cross
posts, etc., the "To:" line does not have the list address, but some
other one (or maybe several addresses).  However, mutt's mailing list
feature always gets the right address to follow up to the list and
drops the rest.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>