Re: Auctex/LaTeX/Emacs problem

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 11:17:40PM -0500, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> Richard Cobbe <cobbe@airmail.net> wrote:
>
> > However, it assumes that you've already got basic font locking
> > turned on, and the method for doing that differs between the two
> > editors: check the manuals for details.  (My .emacs file is set up
> > in such a way that I can't easily look this up and paste it here.)
>
> On Emacs:
>
>  (global-font-lock-mode t)
>
> Or simply, in Emacs21, select it in th "Options" pull-down menu.

Thanks all.  I got it working using the Options menu method.  Now if I
ever work on a LaTeX file from the console I will still have my
colors.  This turned on colors for other modes in emacs, like this
message that I am writing with quoted material in yellow, that I
didn't know existed.  I like it.

Thanks,
Ryan
--
And the sign says "Anybody caught trespassing will be shot on sight"
So I jumped the fence and BLAM!