Re: apt-get update problem

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 08:10:01 -0200, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:

> I am trying to upgrade my system (potato 2.2.r5 + ximian gnome). After typing
>
> apt-get update
>
> I get the following error message:
>
> Reading Package Lists... Error!
> E: Malformed provides line
> E: Error occured while processing gnumeric (NewVersion1)
> E: Problem with MergeList
> /var/state/apt/lists/red-carpet.ximian.com_debian_dists_stable_main_binary-i386_Packages
> E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

Happened to me to this morning. It seems that the Ximian people
introduced a version number in brackets after the line:

  Provides: ximian-gnumeric

in the file you mention under Gnumeric section.
I removed the number and it worked afterwards. Also reported this on the
Ximian-users list.

Regards.

--
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.nl>