Printer:fixed (?)... /dev/hdc unrecognised

Sorry, I'd like to take back the last message. It has just printed the
CUPS 'Printer Test Page' successfully. I was impressed at how easy it
was to install. I was wrestling with an altogether different problem
and tried it as a diversion - and it worked.

That problem, BTW, is that I am trying to install 2.2r4 onto a removable
40Gb drive in a system which already has a 20Gb Win 98 drive and a 10Gb
2.2r2 unstable installation, in other words /dev/hda and /dev/hdb.

I had no similar problem installing /dev/hdb which - from memory - was
auto-recognised by the system. The same is not happening to what should
be /dev/hdc ...

What am I missing here ?

Adam Bogacki,
afb3@primus.com.au