Re: Will the Progeny graphical install process inspire our developers ?

On Friday 16 November 2001 03:03 pm, Patrik Modesto wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 11:16:37AM +1000, Jason Currey wrote:
> > A GUI installer might not make install easier, but it gives first time
> > linux users a much better feeling about installing the product.
>
> Yes! But it makes it a bit easier. My first linux was Progeny and it's GUI
> installer helped me very much. I vote for GUI installer as a option at
> boot-time.
>
> Patrik

Corel was my first Linux and I was sold by the easy install process.  I
wasn't computer illiterate (had used OS/2 almost exclusively for some time),
but Linux illiterate (still am to a great degree).  When it became clear that
Corel wasn't going to continue, I went to a purely debian system.  I'm now
very comfortable with the debian install, but it took a while to understand
what I'm doing.

Don't underestimate the drawing power of a simplified install process in
attracting new users to Debian.

bob