Re: some questions (after a HD crash)

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 07:29:17PM +0100, Fredrik Jagenheim wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 10:05:44AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > GTX (?) disks are widely reported to have quality issues, as previously
> > noted.
> >

> IBM 75GXP is the model. I know, since I'm running one on my
> workstation as of now and are just waiting for it to give up. :(
>
> Something about using glass-platters I think someone pinpointed the
> problem to.

This is not comforting....mine is IC35L040AVER07-0 which someone said
it is the oem version, 3 months old. I actually think of getting a
Seagate to back up live data.

Heat doesn't seems to be too big of a problem when using a 2-3 fans
cartridge, easy to extract and dust the unit, too.  It is running at
around 33-36C internal.

Shouldn't glass platter more inert to heat?  How do they coat magnetic
material to glass?