Re: SPAM WARNING: spammers use Debian lists for harvesting

martin f krafft wrote:
> > to email me, remove the BLOCK from addressS
>
> however, this is both obnoxious, and useless - the mass mailers that i
> have seen (no, i am not a spammer) have features that check for a wide
> variety of such blocks, and successfully remove them...

What's obnoxious about it? I don't want spam, dad. It's that simple.
Also, I was having a discussion on usenet recently on this very subject
- the capabilities of spam bots - and I was advising people that address
trawlers probably by now could see past things like a capital words like
BLOCK or REMOVE in an address. Many people wrote back saying "I use the
word REMOVE in my address all the time and have yet to receive spam", so
anecdotally, most trawlers aren't that good yet. (Although it wouldn't
be hard to make them that good).

alex

--
to email me, remove the spam BLOCK please