Re: Mounting a disk using backup superblock [was: Re: My superblock has been destroyed - please help!]

> > number" etc. Can anyone please tell me what I'm missing? Does mount
> > calculate the superblock offset in another way or should I give up or???
> > need this data desperately as I mentioned. If anyone can help me, thanks
> > thousand times in advance.
> >

> if your that desperate are data recovery companies out of the question?
>
> 2cents.

Hi!

I'm not _that_ desperate ;) that I'd call a recovery company as a
professional recovery costs tons of money (I'm still a student). I just want
to get the data back because there's about 20 hrs of very nasty work
(self-drawn maps of munich) stored on this hdd. As the hard disk still
responds partially, I only have to mount it (the partition is even clean and
e2fscked already!) and now have the problem that mount does not find this
superblock.

Cheers,

Stephan