Re: What is kapm-idled?

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 05:07:47AM +0800, csj wrote:
> What is kapm-idled and why is it consuming up to 80% CPU? It's most
> malevolent when my computer is doing nothing useful. What's the graceful
> way to disable or shut it down (assuming that doing so would not harm my
> system)?
>
> apropos kapm
> kapm: nothing appropriate

AFAIK, kapm-idled has something to do with apm management on newer
kernels.  That 80% CPU usage is apparently something of a lie, since
when this process is switched in, it isn't doing anything (e.g. 80%
idled, or some such).  I'm still running in 2.2.x land, so maybe someone
else can give a better explanation...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>