Re: package in a bad way - what to do

Hi,

> Have you tried apt-get --purge remove <program name>

Just did this. I got the following

Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  aime*
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 3  not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 2408kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] dpkg: error processing aime (--purge):
 Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
 reinstall it before attempting a removal.
 aime

... how do I reinstall the thing? Is 'reinstallation' distinct from plain
installation? I tried downloading the .deb directly and dpkg -i installing
it ... no go. I want this freakin' thing off my machine. Is there a way to
effect that?

Thanks,