strange leaps in df % reported

Hi,

I'm seeing odd leaps in the Use% reported by df. The value leapt from 56%
to 59% last night, and from 59% to 62% just a few moments ago.

3% of 15gb (which is half my total space) seems like a lot o' space to
spontaneously be taken up ... I seem to recall reading at some point on
the list of "warez doodz" being able to use one's space for storage. I
wonder where I would look to see whether that's happening ...

I haven't downloaded any monsters lately. I am also wondering in general
about system 'cleaning' - I took a quick look at the 'cruft' package but
it seemed to have a tough time picking out "real" cruft.

NB: I know I need to get better apprised of security issues, but that's
one of many things I'm trying to get better at :).

Any advice would be appreciated. I'll RTFM if someone will tell me where
it is (a FM on this specific subject would be great).

Thanks,

Glenn

http://www.burningclown.com
"Everyone's Portal to Nothing At All"