Re: Network keeps going down repeatedly

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 03:44:12PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 05:17:43AM -0500, BT (thomas.1037@osu.edu) wrote:
> > >
> > > Logs say...?

Nope I can't find any error messages to the logs. Beats me clueless. I spoke to the rr tech personel. The were saying that the do have problems with the network bandwith being hogged by code red but couldn't figure why that must cause debian to drop connection repeatedly. I wonder if it could be because the networking demons scheduled dhcp renew times out. How do I set the time out values ?

If you are working on a hunch , I can try gziping and posting any particular log you may need. But I am not sure about the size limits on this list.

In any case thank you very much for your replies.
sincerely
bt