Re: upgrade to unstable: dselect maddness? help!

{snip misc whining}
> I've been using dselect but it seems to get itself
> stuck into a weird dependancy thing so I need some
> advice here:

OK, I seem to have eliminated most of the weirdness
by a lucky combination of carefully eliminating the
stuff that didn't want to cooperate - either by
reselecting it for install or by removing it. Now I'm
only doing one thing at a time. And my blood
pressure and frustration level is rapidly dropping.

{snip misc unanswered questions...}
Chris