error message with "libdb.so.3"

Hi!

I tried to install my printer "epson stylus color 860"
and I found that my system didn't have a "printtool"
package.  I installed an unstable "printtool" package
which caused me to install lots of extras as follows.
Later I found that there is a testing version of
"printtool".  I am not sure if this package is the
right one for me though.

  binutils cpp cpp-2.95 g++ g++-2.95 gcc gcc-2.95
gobjc gobjc-2.95 libc6
  libc6-dev libprinterconf0 libsnmpkit1
libstdc++2.10-dev
  libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 locales lpr-ppd pconf-detect

After that I cannot run apt-get or dpkg properly.  It
complains about libdb.so.3.  To make it worse I get
the following error messages when I try to use man
command and xemacs and many others.  Can I remove the
unstable packages and restore my system?  Please help
me!

Thanks in advance!

man: error while loading shared libraries: libdb.so.3:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

/usr/bin/perl: error while loading shared libraries: