Re: [OT] Attn: HP Pavilion 9680C (US) owners

I had the same problem with getting drivers for an HP printer once. I find
it totally absurd that you pay to buy a printer (or a computer) from a
company and when you lose the driver disk you have to literally BUY
another one from them. How is this even legal? By owning the printer you
automatically should own a driver set and if you lose that, the company
should make one easily available to you. Boy, I remember the day when you
could just download pretty much any driver you need from the internet. Not
on HPs site.....

What's funny is now microsoft is going to try to charge people to *rent*
their software. Does this mean that one day you will *rent* the drivers
from HP for a few months or so and then have to rent them again if you
need to reinstall? Can't we do something about this? I mean really, can't
you all see that most of the computer idustry is a big scam? I'm sure you
can.

-z-

-waking up and wishing I had a cigarette and/or coffee and not liking
their absence and then ranting...figures. :)