RE: Compaq Smart2 Array

Yup,

The array was configured and in fact I had sucessfully installed redhat 7
and 6.2 on the machine. They recognised the compaq utils partition and
avoided it appropriately.

I think the problem is that the debian root disk doesn't have entries in
/dev for the /dev/ida devices, and can't detect them.

The compact kernel while booting saw the device, and listed all the
/dev/ida/c0d0p[1-7] partitions correctly, so the actual configuration of the
array was fine.

Nathan.

---
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in
 the universe, and it has a longer shelf
 life." - Frank Zappa