Re: [OT] graphics card recommandation

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 10:06:18PM +0200, Stephan Kulka wrote:
> I searched the archives and some hardware pages, but I couldn't find
> anything useful.
> So I ask the question: I am looking for a graphics card for using it
> mainly for office programs, but also sometimes for a good game.
> It is not necessary for drawing CAD or the like.
> I thought about a Matrox, because they should be a good average and also
> not that expensive.
>
> Any other ideas??

I have a G400 and have been quite pleased with it. The 2D is excellent and the 3D is okay. I don't know the current state of the NVidia drivers with the latest Linux Kernel, but if they're stable and you aren't bent out of shape by closed source drivers, the Geforce2 MX is the best overall value at the moment.

Sean