Alerte GRUB (fwd)

Here's something I got from debian-french.

A bug from the "savedefault" option from the grub menu, which writes the
new default setting not where it should:

here's an extract from there:
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/bug-grub/2001-January/004397.html

"
What's worse, is that AFAICS save_default writes the saved_entry into
A RANDOM SECTOR, without any sanity checks if the sector could be
right.  This is because "install_second_sector", the sector where the
saved_entry is written to, is initialized from %ebp which is not set
in chain_stage2.
"

and a reply:

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/bug-grub/2001-February/004401.html
"
Ok, I got. I'll fix the problem. For now, PLEASE DO NOT USE
savedefault, since IT CAN BREAK THE CONTENTS OF YOUR DISK.

Thanks,
Okuji
"

-----

Original mail sent by:

Thierry LARONDE, Centre de Ressources Informatiques, Archamps - France
http://www.cri74.org
PingOO, serveur de com sur distribution GNU/Linux: http://www.pingoo.org

-----

Thanks, Thierry!!