Re: Move from RedHat to Debian

On 24 Dec 2001, Rodney D. Myers wrote:

> On 25-Dec-2001 Petre Daniel wrote:
>
> I'll probably try a "spare" machine using debian, and see how that goes.
>
> Thanks

A good way to do it. I had some spare room on my disk and ran the two in
parallel for a time, before finally deleting Redhat. This was several
years ago; IMO there is no real contest between the two, especially when
it comes to upgrading. I agree with others that the difficulty of
installing Debian is often exaggerated. If you mostly choose the
defaults throughout the installation process you usually end up with a
usable system, which you can then modify at your leisure.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For an electronic book (The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]