Re: Unidentified subject!

Paul E Condon wrote:

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:44:44 Kent West wrote:

On Wednesday 19 December 2001 04:43 pm, Paul E Condon wrote:

I have a Debian Potato. I would like to use Balsa 1.2.3, which is
available as part of Debian Woody. I have read in many places that an upgrade
from potato to woody is easy, but I must be missing something.

apt-get dist-upgrade <cr>

is not enough. What am I missing?

Paul

PS Am I crazy to comtemplate this upgrade?

You need to change your /etc/apt/sources.list file to point to
unstable
instead of stable (except the security line), then

What is "the security line"?

The security line is the line that points to security updates. Here's my /etc/apt/sources.list as an example
:
# See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
# CDROMs are managed through the apt-cdrom tool.
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian sid main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sid/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free