RE: I give up. I need help!!

Hi,

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Klaus, John wrote:

> Thanks Sebastiaan,
>
> 1.  I don't currently have a copy of 2.2.

Get one. I think this will solve much problems. I have jumped in Debian at
version 2.2r0 so I do not know which approvements you can expect or what
problems there were with 2.1. If you have a good internet connection
(cheap) you can upgrade to 2.2. This will download approxmiately
300-500MB of packages. If not, find someone who has and burn a couple of
CD's or get them somewhere for about $5 per CD. It is really worth it.

> 2. Yes I have had X working.  The book says in chapter 10

Ok, that is good.

> Aside from that I really don't care if I have Gnome or KDE.  Gnome
> is because it is supposed to be there and convenient.

But why Gnome or KDE? These are heavy WM, and will slow your system down
enormously. To be onest, I myself find a lighter WM more practical (using
fvwm95 on a 200MHz pentium, 64 MB ram). I can work with StarOffice 5.2,
but I have to be patient.

> 3.)  I am still trying to learn all of the little ins and out in all of
> this.
> at this point for me, I have to accept what the book says is true.
>
> So, how do I fix this with what I have??

I am sorry, but your problem lies before my experience with Debian, I am
afraid I can not help you out more.

Succes,
Sebastiaan