magic draw UML tool problems with testing

Does anybody here SUCCESSFULLY use the Magic Draw UML drawing tool?

I am running testing with KDE X-flavorings, and I have been unable to
past the opening "hints" window for version 4.5, 4.51, and the recent
5.0. Version 4.1 works. Nothing shows up on my screen, yet 20-30 java
threads (MD is written in Java) are running on the system. I am also
using the recommended blackdown JVM.

ii  j2sdk1.3       1.3.1-1        Blackdown Java(TM) 2 SDK, Standard Edition

Thanks for any info.

	hunter