Re: Kernel modprobe boot error

No, I have all the programs updated as of today. Everything is as required. I'll try reconfiguring the kernel

Barbara

Michael Wagner wrote:

On Mittwoch, 12. Dez. 2001 at 12:36:35, Barbara Pfieffer wrote:

When I boot the new kernel, it starts to boot, then I get over a screenful of the same error message:

kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k binfmt-464c, errno = 8

Where did I go wrong?

Hello Barbara,

you didn't read the <kernel-version>/Documentation/Changes which
programs you must update when you change to kernel 2.4.x. Read it and
all your problems go away.

Hth Michael