Subject: beta software in debian releases?
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:01:58 -0800
From: Kurt Lieber <debian@kirpatrick.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

I did an apt-get upgrade the other day on one of my woody boxes and was
surprised to see that PHP has been upgraded to 4.1.0RC2.

Is it normal behavior to include beta software in testing?  What happens if
Woody gets frozen before 4.1.0 is released?  Will Woody then be stuck with an
RC version of PHP at release?

--kurt