Re: nfs woes

> 1. What good does the first line in /etc/export do?
> 192.168.0.2 is 10 Mb and is only used for getting the
> kernel, not its root fs, so it does not need this one

I thought this too, but as I remember it, it simply didnt work when I
would comment out the first line.  I am away from the machine until this
evening but I will double check when I get home.

> 2. Again, there is, as I far as I can tell, no need to mount the root fs from
> 192.168.0.1. By the time the kernel wants to mount its root fs, it is 192.168.1.1.
>
> That might not be the source of your "permission denied" problem though. What
> does seeles syslog say about attempt to mount nfs?

I will grab syslog when I get home, but as I remember it was something
baffling like "permission denied, no entry in exports", which makes no
sense at first glance, but might indicate there is some trivial problem
with my configs which I am overlooking.

thanks for the reply,
jason
cell@cs.utexas.edu