Re: global environment variables?

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 03:51:32PM +0100, Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:
| dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> writes:
|
| > On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 04:30:11PM -0800, Craig Dickson wrote:
| > | dman wrote:
| > |
> [...]
| > |
| > | What process starts the panel?
| >
| > gnome-session
| >
| > | Isn't there a login shell somewhere at the root of all the processes
| > | that get started for you at login time? I
| >
| > yes, ~/.xsession
|
| No, if you are running gdm and GNOME then it's ~/.gnomerc -- this is
| the right file for your personal setup like environment variables. But

Oh, ok.  Is there any documentation on it?  man doesn't find any.  Is
it just an sh script?

| wait, there is an option in the gdm GUI menu to choose something other
| than a gnome session (which is the default), called 'Debian', which
| will let you use the .xsession file.

Yeah, I noticed that my .xsession wasn't being used when "Gnome" was
selected, but it is with "Xsession" selected.

-D

--

"Don't use C;  In my opinion,  C is a library programming language
 not an app programming language."  - Owen Taylor (GTK+ developer)