Ghostscript/Fonts problem

Hello everybody,

I am using gnuplot to create EPS graphics which I embed into my LaTeX
documents. That worked fine so far, but since the 'apt-get upgrade' last
weekend I get the following error by GhostScript when trying to display
those graphics: "Error: /invalidfont in findfont" (plus the stack
stuff).
It doesn't matter which font I use (Helvetica, Times Roman, etc.), the
error always occurs. At first I checked if the files exist at all, but
they do and they're properly named in 'Fontmap.GS'. Dfontmgr also shows
them up...

Has anybody encountered similar problems and has an idea or even a
solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

p.s.: I'm using Sid.