Re: acroread crashes

Hi Karsten!

Thanks for your quick reply!

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> Try the free software replacements (and boycott the programmer
> persecuter Adobe in the process) xpdf or gv.

Ok. I tried acroread 4.05 on a SuSE system and it worked just
fine. Concerning xpdf I got to say that it seems to have severe problems
in rendering pages.

> If the file breaks
> everything, contact the author and tell them they've got busted PDFs.

It probably isn't the file if it looks all right in acroread on a SuSE
system. I guess it has something to do with missing fonts. Could it be
possible that I'm missing some font packages in my Debian installation?

Thanks.

Regards,

	Holger