Re: *.ram files

On Monday 03 December 2001 12:45 am, nate wrote:
> <quote who="Alec">
>
> > Hi
> >

> > I installed RealPlayer and the plugin (cp
>
> last time i used real player(~6 months ago) the app
>
> itself had an option to associate itself with netscape..
>
> look in the menus for this option ..it should be there.
>
> i forget what its called ..

Yes, it associates itself with netscape by writing
to ~root/.netscape/plugins/ (no way to change this). That's why to get it to
actually to work with netscape (run by regular users) I had to
cp ~root/.netscape/plugins/rpnp.so /usr/lib/netscape/plugins/
*.rpm's (Real Player Media?) get played, but not *.ram's (Whatever they stand
for)

Anyways, if you are running Netscape under Linux and clicking on
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsa/n5ctrl/sport/programmes/bulletins/video_daily.ram
results in video being played on your screen, I'd really like to know what
shows up in your browser, when you type "about:plugins" as URL.

Thanks

Alec